Thursday, February 4, 2010

I know it's fish in a barrel but still

Watched Jon Stewart's interview on Bill O'Reilly's show. Didn't think it was that good. O'Reilly seemed to be on self-parodying cruise control and Stewart seemed disinterested. He didn't bring the passion like he has in interviews past. Then again, when you're on Bill's show, why bother bringing your A game? He's too stupid to have a serious debate with, and not clever or generous enough to have a playful shared roast with.

Anyhow, the best part of the clip I watched came at the very end when O'Reilly teased the next segment. It happens at 7 minutes and 26 seconds:



This is why I can't hate Fox News. If I cared about people or the future of humanity I'd probably get really upset over them, but I'm just here for the comedy, so Fox often owns. That's why I love that O'Reilly kisses his weirdo death cult puritanical audience's ass by saying sex doesn't sell, but also using Sharon Stone's famous snatch shot as the tease video. It's a perfectly told joke. And great marketing. Present a narrative your audience eats up in public mixed with the secret, honest truth that everyone loves sex and pussy*.

* Disclaimer: Not everyone loves Sharon Stone's pussy especially in it's current condition.

update: I don't know why the video is so gigantic, but I don't care enough to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment